Blue Owl Brewing
Blue Owl is Hiring a Brewer/Cellarer/Packager!
Blue Owl Brewing is a unique sour-mash brewery in Austin, Texas producing 3,000 bbl annually on a 30 bbl system. We are looking to fill a vacancy immediately for a general brewer with experience in all areas of the brewery OR we will train the right person who wants to get into the industry.
Our ideal candidate would have 2+ years of brewery experience under their belt. We are a small group of passionate, talented, creative folks so we need a good fit culturally as well as adaptability as we all do a little bit of everything.
We offer a competitive hourly wage (with tip share), 3 weeks PTO, free beer (of course), 50% covered health insurance, and because of our small workforce, a lot of opportunity for collaboration in beer prototyping, brand design, and continued education.
Job responsibilities include:
· Brewhouse: We employ a unique brewhouse souring method that takes 2 days per batch. We need someone who can brew on a professional system and adapt to our methods of souring.
· Cellaring: Cleaning/sanitizing tanks, racks, conditioning, fermentation management, cellar additions, and very clean/organized.
· Packaging: We package our sour beer using a Wild Goose 5-head can filler (generally twice per week).
· Raw materials: Assessment, organization, management, and inventory
· Other: We regularly develop and test new beers, styles, and processes. Because of the uniqueness of our brewery, we delve frequently into the unknown! We like brewers willing to do the research and testing to help create new beer.
· Weekly Breakdown: A typical work-week will include 2 days working on the canning line, 1-3 days of cellar work, and 1-2 days of brewing.
Ideal experience and abilities:
· 2+ years of brewing experience.
· Self-management and accountability are crucial in this environment where it’s a small team, leanly operating.
We are an equal opportunity employer. To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Brewery Position” in the subject.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com