Brew It Yourself: Learn to Homebrew Day Set for November 5
Craft beer enthusiasts looking to take their passion for beer to the next level and veteran homebrewers alike will be celebrating Learn to Homebrew Day Saturday, November 5. The American Homebrewers Association nvites all craft beer and fermentation fans to join the global community of homebrewing hobbyists. Homebrewers, whether experienced or first-timers, are encouraged to pledge to brew their own beer and welcome those curious about the craft to experiment with their first batches of homebrew. Aspiring brewers will tackle the official recipe, Hoppy Amber Ale, which is an extract-based homebrew recipe and is a great beer for both beginners and experienced brewers. For an in-depth walk-through on extract homebrewing, visit the American Homebrewers Association’s How to Brew Tutorials. A 3-gallon recipe is available as a video tutorial.
Participants will need a few everyday kitchen items as well as some ingredients from homebrew supply shops or online retailers. Austin residents can visit SoCo Homebrew in South Austin, a partner of the American Homebrewers Association.
The AHA, part of the Brewers Association, has existed since 1978 and has 36,000 members worldwide. The Association also publishes Zymurgy magazine and hosts events and competitions. AHA members receive discounts on books from Brewers’ Publications and stores like Austin Homebrew Supply and SoCo Homebrew. Members also have access to a vast library of recipes, videos, and homebrewing expertise. AHA also offers social opportunities through their Homebrew Club Locator and the AHA Forums.
- AHA Membership, receive $5 off an annual membership when you complete the website pledge to brew this #LearnToHomebrewDay.
- Homebrewing Video Tutorial, five easy-to-follow videos covering brewing basics with Julia Herz.
- Trusted Recipes, browse tried-and-true mead, cider, clone, food fermentation, and homebrew recipes.
- Homebrew Club Locator, connect with homebrewers and find events in your area.
- AHA Forum, ask questions and engage with brewing peers on a variety of topics.
- Marketing Materials, download free promotional artwork.
- Brewers Publications, receive 30% off all titles in conjunction with the holiday, Nov. 4 – Nov. 7.